MDJ Cordova One

MDJ Cordova One

Sunday 8 May 2016

Electrical Selections

After signing the building contract in August 2015, I then had my electrical selection appointment in September 2015.

The upgrades I paid for were as follows:
  •  2x Batten holders for outdoor lighting ($110)
  • 14x Down lights to the living areas ($1400)
  • Dedicated circuit for the fridge ($305)
  • 4x 2-way switching for lights ($220)
  • 15x additional GPOs ($825)
  • Outdoors GPO in the alfressco ($165)
  • 2x Glass splash back cut outs for GPOs ($100)
  • Additional TV antenna point ($70)
  • 4x Cat 6 Data Points ($640)

The down light and Cat 6 pricing is pretty steep however, the rest of the electrical upgrade pricing is reasonable enough.  At the end of the day I had put an allowance of $4000 in my contract for electricals and I came in under budget at $3835. 

MDJ also only had expensive options for bathroom heater/fan combos, so I will be installing those myself after handover.  Likewise I plan to install some ceiling fans and change out batten holders for proper light fittings after handover.


Electrical Selections Plan

Electrical Selection Plan - Legend

No comments:

Post a Comment